Ah Year 2! Still working on getting my car on the road.

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet FieroTalk - Pontiac Fiero 84-88 Forum Index du Forum | Projets des membres    Page 1 sur 1

Mar Fév 10, 2009 2:05 pm MessageSujet du message: Ah Year 2! Still working on getting my car on the road.
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

ITs actually not that difficult for me to get my car back on the road. It needs stuff, but nothing impossible. I think i'm taking so long because of LIFE being so BUSY. ITs Year two and My Fiero is sitting quietly in the garage covered in dust and dirt. To date this is the only things She needs before I get her on the road and on the PRoud to have list. lol

1) Roof - MIne was all cracked and chipped. So i tore it off... Wish I had another one before I did that.

2) Ceiling upholstery. YEa that fell out when I tore the roof off.

3) Windshield. Tiny crack in it from when I bought it.

4) New Tires- I bought them just need to put them on.

5) Some body work. That was the big job, especially customizing the Hood for scoops. SOunds crazy for a Fiero but these scoops actually cool the rad.

6) NEw Clear rear window quater panels. easy enough to find.

7) New tail lights- Mine were all foggy inside. Still Useful, but I think I'm working on a surprise here.

Cool Solve the Overheating issue. ---This is the biggy. Nothing is impossible, just time consuming.

9) Fuel Pump Still wierd. Another issue probably relatied to Oil Pressure I hear.

10 Paint Job. Ah yes the final touch. THen she is complete.

So wish me luck cus hopefully I will have all this done by The fall, just in time to put her away for the winter. Right now I am also souping up a 93 mx3 and am planning some turbo upgrades soon. So the Fiero will be a slow start until I get that other car up to par.

Smile Life is Sweet. I just have to remember to pass the sugar once in a while.

Mar Fév 10, 2009 10:48 pm MessageSujet du message:
falcon_ca
Pegase de Diamant
Pegase de Diamant

Répondre en citant

For your tail lights, mine where foggy to, I just "repolished" them starting with 1000 wet sandpaper, then 2000, compound and finally "scratch remover" polish. If you want a perfect finish, you can end with tooth paste.
Done a great job for few money.

For the ceiling,if you save the parts you can glue them together using fiber glass . Apply resin all over to reinforce.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet FieroTalk - Pontiac Fiero 84-88 Forum Index du Forum | Projets des membres
Voir le sujet précédent
Voir le sujet suivant