Hey all!

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet FieroTalk - Pontiac Fiero 84-88 Forum Index du Forum | Présentation des nouveaux membres    Page 1 sur 1

Mar Fév 19, 2008 11:45 am MessageSujet du message: Hey all!
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

Sorry i have alot of trouble with this site from home for some reason. i finally got my comp fixed and things should go better. i'm so happy i've met so many people that love Fieros as much as me. thats another reason why i love my car, the people who work these machines r one of a kind i think. i will post pictures, but I apologise in advance, my french is very basic and i have trouble understanding the buttons and links on this site. i am getting the hand of it and a bit of time now to learn. I will post all my fieros asap. my newest one is under alot of construction so bear with me when you see it. if people have advice on how to use this site, i'm super greatful and appreciate al your welcome and help.

Mike
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger

Mer Fév 20, 2008 10:15 am MessageSujet du message:
TPI2
Pegase d'Or
Pegase d'Or

Répondre en citant

:D

Dernière édition par TPI2 le Sam Jan 10, 2009 8:24 am; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Ven Fév 22, 2008 2:54 pm MessageSujet du message:
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

Hey Rob! Yea we got the Fiero home, puled out the ignition cylinder and started it with a screwdriver. It turned over 2x died and then we did it again. it fired right up and ran like the day it was made, then it overheated and pissed coolant out the rad everywhere. Since then I bought a new rad, and inspected the thermostat, and the water pump. they seem to be working fine.

We filled her with coolant and ran her again. but she vaporlocked. So i ran her till she got hot, then turned her off, puled out the thermostat and filed her with more fluid. theres a huge vaporlock in her and i can't seem to get steam from constantly building up inside under the thermostat. so i am gonna do some more bleeds to see if that will fix her.

I am praying her cylinder head gasket isn't gone, i'd be soooo mad if it was cus thats a huge job. I never done it b4. Ya I don't know how to post pictures. I have them all on my comp and want to upload them. how do i do that.

There are only 2 problems I consider mechanically with my car. one is the over heating, the other is the fuel pump. it won't shut off. no matter what. i have to pull the fuse out to turn it off or else it kills my battery. Sad I wish u guys were closer Sad I'd be there every day, if not working for u lol.

The engine runs great. no misses, no leaks. it just overheats after about 20 mins. everything works fine. So its either a vapor lock that i created when i put in the antifreeze, or its my cylinder head. with my luck its both lol. theres not enough evidence that its my heads though. they aren't warped or leaking, and my exhaust doesn't smell super sweet. my plugs are old but not scorn white either.

Wish me luck Friend, mike.

Ven Fév 22, 2008 7:58 pm MessageSujet du message:
TPI2
Pegase d'Or
Pegase d'Or

Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par TPI2 le Sam Jan 10, 2009 8:25 am; édité 1 fois

Dim Fév 24, 2008 11:44 pm MessageSujet du message:
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

Yea I filled it at the rad. stupid me. now i'm constantly doing the thermostat routine. I wil try again tomorrow and see how it works. thanks.

Mar Fév 26, 2008 1:17 pm MessageSujet du message: Coolant bleed.
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

Is the vapor lock supposed to work after one application? beause i did it three times and the same thing kept happening. Crying or Very sad

I did what you said, I pulled the thermostat, ran the engine till the coolant circulated and the car heated up. I opened the cap, without scalding myslef, and I filled the engine, which was about a 4 litre jug.

I closed it, ran it again, the thing overheated and I opened the thermostat again. I poured another 4 litre jug of fluid in. Its not leaking out ne where, why is it taking sooo much fluid?

Then the overflow tank started to overflow and i was loosing coolant at the front, and the engine was still vapor locking. I did the procedure 3 times and filled a total of like 12 litres of fluid back into the engine and all three times after it ran it overheated and there was that much missing from the engine.

I checked my oil, it doesn't have that chocolate milk look to it, but it is golden brown as oil should be. It is new oil though and maybe coolant is leaking in at one of the heads? Theres just not enough evidence to indicate it thats all.

I checked the spark plugs and they are normal looking, a little golden brown too. no ash or deposits. The car just keeps overheating.

The car does smell kinda sweet when it runs and maybe thats enough to assume theres something major wrong.

My next attempt will be to completely drain the cooling system and refill her again. If that doesn't work, I'll be looking at pulling cylinder heads 2,4,6 head gasket off to see if maybe one has a leak and is responsible for the loss. It cant be anything else, everything else is working great. Evil or Very Mad So vexed right now.

Mar Fév 26, 2008 5:33 pm MessageSujet du message:
TPI2
Pegase d'Or
Pegase d'Or

Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par TPI2 le Sam Jan 10, 2009 8:25 am; édité 1 fois

Mar Fév 26, 2008 10:16 pm MessageSujet du message: oh my gosh u guys r gonna laugh.
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

I knew it was something simple. I never would have guessed but it is kinda funny to be honest. I was doing the coolant bleed like designed and it was not working. But there was nothing wrong with the engine so it made no sense. it turns out it was because I had the car up on jack stands and the front end was slightly higher than the back, so the air bubble never left. Shocked

So there it is. one of my friends came over and realised the car was maybe not resting right so we lowered it down and did the coolant bleed again. this time it worked amazing!!!

Thanks guys!!! Now all I need is to find out waht is casuing my fuel pump to run wierd and were off to the races!!!

Mar Fév 26, 2008 10:43 pm MessageSujet du message:
TPI2
Pegase d'Or
Pegase d'Or

Répondre en citant

Dernière édition par TPI2 le Sam Jan 10, 2009 8:26 am; édité 1 fois

Dim Mar 02, 2008 7:43 am MessageSujet du message:
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

I added about a jug and a half after i figured out we had to take id down off the blocks. i followed the steps and this time it worked great. sometimes the things we can't figure out are just so simple that we missed considering them in the first place. Smile so my car runs great, no leaks, no gasket probs. no overheating anymore.

al thats left to look at is my fuel pump (which is posted in another topc) and once i fix that issue the car wil be ready for safety. yipeee!

Dim Mar 02, 2008 11:49 pm MessageSujet du message:
xpookyx
Pegase de Bronze
Pegase de Bronze

Répondre en citant

hi man , and welcome ! Very Happy

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet FieroTalk - Pontiac Fiero 84-88 Forum Index du Forum | Présentation des nouveaux membres
Voir le sujet précédent
Voir le sujet suivant