MAACO worst Customer Service Ever!!!

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet FieroTalk - Pontiac Fiero 84-88 Forum Index du Forum | Discussion FIERO...tout ce qui rejoint le sujet FIERO    Page 1 sur 1

Jeu Juin 03, 2010 12:29 pm MessageSujet du message: MAACO worst Customer Service Ever!!!
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

So Some of you may know that I finally fixed my car and got it from overheating...

The Car is primed and ready for a Paint Job
For the record I have painted and done body work on cars for almost 10 years DIY style but I know how to do a good job for a non-pro.

Ne ways. I took my aspiring car to the MAACO shop today on Cyrville road in ottawa and I walk into the front door, where the guy at the counter is sitting in clear view of my car, which is primer grey right now.

So I smile and say, I need a paint job, and I'm looking for a price.

He rolled his eyes at me and said, "You expect me to paint that car?"
I was kinda embarrassed cus i knew it wasn't pretty but I figured he would have said something less obvious.

So I said, Ya i did all the work myself and I was just looking for a decent paint job to get it all one color and that I wasn't expecting anything fancy, more towards the affordable side this time and in a few years Id get a new paint job if needed. Sorta "don't worry it doesn't have to be perfect" idea.

He then started in about how he didn't know what had been done with the car and he didn't know what work I did, so I told him the work I did was as good as any shop ( I used to rebuild corvette C3 bodies with my uncle but I left that out)

He told me that he would have to mask and tape off the parts that needed not to be painted... Isn't that the idea??? I don't want to paint the glass...

Then he put down the age of the car as if that had anything to do with why I needed a paint job. I stripped the paint right off the car and rebuilt the whole thing from the ground up. Its beautiful and looks like hell only cus the primers are slightly different shades per panel.

Honestly, I painted a car like this before where I did all the work, then took it into a shop booth and a guy just shot it with a Nason Gun and it looked so Hot.

Then I said to the Maaco guy, "I don't understand, you don't want to paint my car?" Hes like its gonna take over 25 hours... WT Fridge?
He's like We r not gonna do this car we r just gonna stay away from it... ouch that hurt...

So I said, "So you don't want my business then?" He said, no ur cars not worth my business...
He made me feel like dirt... Cus i brought in my Fiero and he just didn't wanna give me the time of day...

So then I asked for his name and he's like, "THats none of your business!" I asked him if he was the manager or if there was a manager I could talk to. He said he was the owner

So I told him, thanks for nothing, and that I would let everyone I know What Kind of business He runs.

Truthfully tho, I was really hurt. Evil or Very Mad I get alot of flack for owning a Fiero all the time from my friends and some mechanics. I never do business with people who don't care about my car cus it shows in the work they do.

I really wanted to paint my car for a good price, I knew MAACO is not the greatest place but I thought they would have been at least happy enough to give me the business. The guy really put me down and my car and that hurts especially since I put alot of time and money into it. Its not like it has holes and cracks all over.

So remember this before you go spending you hard earned Fiero Dollars on a Paint Job

Jeu Juin 03, 2010 11:06 pm MessageSujet du message:
pace1car
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

Don't worry about it, he is obviously missing the very basic skills to be in business. Guys like this don't usually stay in business (I should've said that business don't stay with these guys). You'll see, he will close shop shortly Twisted Evil
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Dim Juin 06, 2010 9:25 am MessageSujet du message:
Dimeadozen
Pegase de Plastique
Pegase de Plastique

Répondre en citant

Apparently He has been in the business for 25 years there on Cyrville Road in Ottawa. The customer service people told me that when I called them at their headquarters in Pennsylvania.

I nicely told the guy how bad a business it is and how many people I would pass that word onto.

Buddy Didn't gauge that I belong to like 4 car forums

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet FieroTalk - Pontiac Fiero 84-88 Forum Index du Forum | Discussion FIERO...tout ce qui rejoint le sujet FIERO
Voir le sujet précédent
Voir le sujet suivant